What's on offer?

If you have any interest in: Ufology, Paranormal, Angling, Paganism, the Eco-system and general controversy then this may just be the place for you. I am a published author of books concerning these particular topics...


/



Thursday 27 May 2021

Pagan Author Targeted by Evangelist in the Middle of Nowhere - UPDATED!

 














There I was minding my own business on a lonely dirt track in the countryside taking pictures of wildflowers, bees and birds etc. 

A lady pulls up her bicycle next to mind and breaks into a conversation asking me what I am photographing. I amicably reply that I am a wildlife photographer and taking shots of nature.

Although she seemed sociable enough, I detected that she had another agenda for stopping. I talked about nature, yet she was clearly not that interested. She was friendly enough, yet her eyes failed to meet mine and there is a feeling I got of anxiety about her. 

After several minutes of general chin-wagging, she pulled something from her pocket and said – “Here’s something for you to read. 

Casting my eyes on the first page only I replied – “Oh right Covid – I see”. 
















Looking up, I noted that she was suddenly peddling away rather fast, which seemed quite odd after her being initially so forthcoming.

A few minutes later I opened the leaflet and my eyes suddenly registered that she had craftily slipped me an evangelical missionary leaflet.

















Christian fundamentalists using Coronavirus to target nonbelievers.

A brief surf on the internet exposed more. These cheeky Christian fundamentalists are deviously using the Covid Pandemic as a tool to gain new converts. 

This link shows the Coronavirus leaflet that is being used to clandestinely evangelise unsuspecting nonbelievers.  

https://shop.livingwaterseu.com/products/pandemic-leaflet-tract-free

 
What a pity that I only found out her hidden religious agenda later on, after she had left.  My opinion may have conflicted somewhat with her indoctrinated approach.


Not everyone wishes to be targeted by self-righteous missionary creeps when simply enjoying the countryside. Not everyone wishes to be the objective of one-sided and biased evangelical agenda. 

Of course – donations wanted! Jesus never was any good when it came to handling money matters… 





















More here about the cheeky Christian fundamentalist ministry, Living Waters, that is behind this ruse. 
 

And a word (slap in the face?) from the ministry’s founder: 

“You always leave a generous tip, because you’re representing the Lord,” says Ray Comfort, founder and CEO of Living Waters, a ministry located just north of Disneyland. “People who don’t (leave a tip) need a gentle slap in the face, because that’s rude and stingy, and turns people against the gospel.”


In 2011, Comfort wrote and produced a 33-minute documentary film called 180: Changing the Heart of a Nation. The film was criticized by The Huffington Post for its comparison of legalized abortion to the Holocaust.

It is bad enough having home-grown Christian fundamentalist cranks pushing their biblical nonsense all over the UK, without these odious US-based mind control bullies muscling in here for new converts as well. 

More

Survivors tell their horror stories of ex-gay therapy treatments in Australia

Living Waters Australia had for three decades in plain sight pitched the idea that people could change their sexuality with a careful mix of prayer and care. From Waterloo in Sydney’s inner west, the church’s leader Ron Brookman declared he had converted people from gay to straight.

In 2012, before a government inquiry into same sex marriage, Brookman said: “For over 30 years I was homosexual. In the last six months I have celebrated the weddings of two ex-gay men who have married beautiful wives and two couples who have given birth to babies who would never have been born had they not transitioned from homosexuality”. But the message soured and Living Waters released a statement before closing its doors blaming “change in the church and Christian culture over the last decade, deficiencies in my leadership, wisdom in changing strategy to bring healing to the broken”.

Alan LeMay was a former leader at Living Waters. He told news.com.au he regrets the harm he caused but that at the time he thought he was doing the right thing.


Addendum: 

24 July 2021

Evangelists now targeting shoppers this morning outside Ainsdale post Office.




























One lady, who I think is the same person that approached me in the cycling report above came over to my son, Jason outside the PO. 

I was inside the PO, yet could see he was been lectured by this pushy missionary, as he sat waiting for me on his bicycle.  

She tried to give him an evangelical  leaflet. However, on seeing it Jason told her that he was not interested and did "not believe in her god". Her response with to say - "he is not my god". 

She continued to pester him, He finally told her that his beliefs were his alone and "none of her business". With this response she finally backed off and went away to seek another target! 








 







Not everyone likes the unwanted attentions of missionary activity, when they are simply out shopping. 




No comments:

Post a Comment