What's on offer?

If you have any interest in: Ufology, Paranormal, Angling, Paganism, the Eco-system and general controversy then this may just be the place for you. I am a published author of books concerning these particular topics...


/



Friday 29 April 2022

The Golden Salmon Days

 

I was out fly fishing for trout on a Lancashire lake recently when I was approached by an old fishing buddy.


I had not seen him for years. Nevertheless, it was amazing that we could both today reminisce about one special October afternoon on the River Hodder, back in 2008.




I had taken a photo of him with his salmon and also caught a small one of 6 lbs myself. Later on, he went home, so I had the river all to myself.



Before long, I was into a lovely salmon of 15 lbs and after a good fight I had it on the shingle. I was only sorry that my companion could not have seen this lovely fish.



I also had some nice sea trout. 

However, I was surprised that today we can both recall that grand afternoon like it was yesterday.


The river flow on and changes very little over the years and over the centuries. 


2 comments:

  1. very beautiful fish. Congratulations, I also went fishing until a few years ago. Now my free time is taken up by hunting but now that I have 2 children aged 7 and 18 months I think I will still pay the fishing license to take them fishing. a great and beautiful passion that is as good for the spirit as hunting. Here in Italy we have trout, char, chub, barbel, vaironi, pike, eel, etc. etc. good evening pat take care by Paolo Danelli

    ReplyDelete