What's on offer?

If you have any interest in: Ufology, Paranormal, Angling, Paganism, the Eco-system and general controversy then this may just be the place for you. I am a published author of books concerning these particular topics...


/



Saturday 3 September 2022

Chasing Silver on the Old Canal

 

A few pleasant hours alone on Lancashire's Leeds and Liverpool Canal produced ten fish.

Sadly, no record breakers yet I am always happy when out there in the wilds using my old Spanish Reed rod, Bakelite centrepin and homemade floats.


Many anglers that I meet are often stuck on catching huge carp or pike. As for me, I just love wandering along with the old gear watching my float bob about and size never really matters. It's all just about 'being there' really.



Roach, bream and hybrids were taking the bait quite well but a chilly breezy put them down a few times.


I used a float on this occasion, which I crafted from the bankside reeds only a few days before. I make and sell a lot of floats, only selling what I know works well myself.

http://dryflyfisher.yolasite.com/handcrafted-floats.php


For me, vintage - style float making is a great joy being something I have done for many years.


Until next time...

http://dryflyfisher.yolasite.com/










No comments:

Post a Comment