What's on offer?

If you have any interest in: Ufology, Paranormal, Angling, Paganism, the Eco-system and general controversy then this may just be the place for you. I am a published author of books concerning these particular topics...


/



Tuesday 23 October 2012




Chasing the silver ladies of the stream....




October Grayling Heaven 



Yesterday I escaped from the usual tasks of the week and visited Lancashire’s lovely River Hodder. The day was dull but it looked fishy all the same, with a good head of fresh water in the stream.






I had the whole river all to myself, just the way I like it.

The only company were a few sheep along the way to the watercourse.








As I expected, a few large dark olives were about and the fish accepted the hatches readily. I soon had several good fish landed and some were well over the two pound mark.

Sport was fast and furious.


Nevertheless, by 2.30 pm the olives started to dwindle and I then resorted to fishing a dry grayling witch and a red tag; old traditional fancy flies that never let me down even in the depths of winter.

I also landed a fat out of season brown trout, which was duly returned.



The final total was ten grayling and the one brown trout. I also lost quite a few large fish during that lovely afternoon.




All fish were carefully returned to grow even larger...

A grand day in old Lancashire with brilliant dry fly sport…

Check out more here: http://dryflyfisher.yolasite.com/



No comments:

Post a Comment